Do Me a Favor

Looking for Speaking Hope Ministry's blog? For the moment, it has combined with Miscellaneous Ramblings. Please click here and be sure to sign up for e-mail notices. Thanks. Carol

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Are You Listening to Me?

What is the matter with you?  I trusted you to take care of things, to look out for my best interests.  I gave you my one precious vote (or maybe I didn’t, but this is a democracy and you won and I respect that).

I don’t want to appear judgmental, but I think it’s pretty clear that you are all acting like a bunch of idiots.  All that power being shoved around, and you can’t come to an agreement to keep the government going?
Oh, please.  I’ve seen better social skills at a day care center for 2-year-olds.

What gets me is that I have done nothing wrong.  The citizens of the United States have done nothing wrong. 
You, on the other hand, are acting like a highly dysfunctional family at its absolute worst.  If I want to see that kind of behavior, I’ll watch cable TV.

It’s time to knock it off.  To put your big girl panties on and deal with it.
I am ashamed of the lot of you.  Especially those who have been in power the longest.  It seems to me that you would have the most experience in compromising and seeing that things get taken care of.

Just do the job you were elected to do.  I don’t think that’s too much to ask.
My favorite Bible verse comes to mind.  Maybe it will be of help to you.

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense.  Proverbs 2:3 (CEV)

2 comments: